insanity Banner

1 Skin | 4 Codes | 8 Premades

insanity :: aliens are real (general) :: the convention :: fishing waist pack - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
MattDora

pm

fishing waist pack (2nd Jul 20 at 9:23am UTC)
fishing waist pack
Camping made the same claim of a "spiritual" osprey hydration backpack fulfillment back in 1994 after his prediction that Christ would return that year proved false. This is exactly the tactic used by Charles Taze Russell, founder of Jehovah's Witnesses, in 1888 about an "invisible" Second Coming in 1874. I think Chaplain Mike has hit the right note here. As someone who has passed through the Protestant tradition from "right to left" I too find myself asking, "What provides an adequate basis for distinguishing ourselves from him?" That really is a question I know I need to grapple with in the wake of this story. Thanks for sharing this Mike.As I see it& that's how Christians do define themself. I read the George Barna book "Unchristian" and loved it. Having converted from Catholicism to looking into Mormonism to Evangelical Christian the book really resonated with me. My experiences with my family taught me how much Christians are defined by what they don't like, believe, etc& But when I de-coverted I noticed more so how many Christians are known by what they oppose. Or how people lump them together. Harold Camping was on the fringes but many people will associate Camping baby carrier walmart with evangelicalism because of the Left Behind series, etc..

for the first time in modern history, the live video feed & constant pressure for accountability sank the Todd Bentley Lakeland circus debacle. Bentley did not do anything different from his predecessors. he took his que from those that made a good living doing what he attempted to do. but this time the internet immediacy put the newborn baby carrier Grand Kibosh on the lies, deceit, hype, claims, methodology, theology, silliness, financial irregularities, etc. it deflated the circus tent before it ever had a chance to stand. and Bentley's attempted PR stunt at damage control could never garner credibility with the public so it fizzled & died a timely death&

I was on an internet forum where they were discussing Harold Camping. The forum was populated by a large number of non-Americans who were wondering how many Americans took Camping seriously. The consensus was that Harold Camping was a fringe figure, but most Americans are Christian and most American Christians believe in the Second Coming of Christ, so while we may not all believe Harold Camping, most of us are just about as crazy.Harold Camping may be an extreme case, but he rei hydration pack is merely carrying an eschatological agenda which many conservative evangelicals fervently believe, but to its logical extreme. He is not the problem, merely a symptom. Does he represent anything different from any other religious media celebrity begs for? In this Second Great Disappointment, Camping⬠"!s adherents were quitting their jobs, selling their earthly possessions, and giving away everything from 401k savings to their pets in preparation for what they fervently believed would be their final day on earth.

I appreciate the sentiment in this post very much as we are warned to be circumspect at all times especially as regards  the world' and our conversation. I am as much or more of a jokester as the next guy but I have felt queasy joking about this. It is predicted in scripture that many false prophets will arise in the last days so it's a good idea to tuck this into one's pocket, tally it with the rest and not be frivolous in its consideration. It is significant that a large segment of the world's population took note of this.There's something really troubling about this. Camping placed himself above the witness of scripture, and quite a few Christians were willing to say, "well, ok!" He's not the only one. Osteen and others are preaching self-centeredness while the Bible teaches bearing ones cross.

This is the issue Mike. I was wondering why you always throw stones at conservatives, whether evangelical or Catholic, or whether Arminian or Calvinist. It seems that this blog, ever since Mr. Spencer's departure to be with the Lord, has always been a rant against some form of fundamentalism, evangelicalism, or conservative Christianity. Sometimes I wonder if you really think you're doing this to be of well-meaning service to the Kingdom or fishing waist pack just a personal rant because you feel that traditional orthodox Christianity has been too narrowed minded against disenfranchises groups.Mark, I am wondering what you do with this passage from Revelation 7:9-10: "After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice:  Salvation belongs to our God, [img]https://www.filmencounters.com/images/a/fishing waist pack-748psi.jpg[/img] who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.' "
 Printable View

eXTReMe Tracker
special thanks to mahud